Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Reflective Blogging Assignment Topic 4 (Done by Zilu)

4) Think back to a time over the past semester when you faced a challenge or made a big mistake. ( A bad grade on something, letting your benchmarks pile up until the last minute ,etc) What sorts of lessons did you learn about yourself from that challenge and/ or mistake? How did this influence the way you did things after that moment? IN what ways does this experience help you to plan for the next semester?
In the past semester, the biggest challenge for me was English. As a foreigner, I just had known a little English when I came to Singapore. I even could not read a simple story at first, that would show how poor was my English. That made me anxious seat. At that time, I really did not know what to do. I felt helpless but with the teacher’s help. I began study English as far as possible. I would catch a classmate and speak English to them. At first, I even did not understand what they were talking about. It was very hard for me to communicate with them. I felt very confusing at that time but my friends encouraged me a lot and they helped me to catch my English. After that I could talk to my friends very fluent. Then my mistakes in oral were getting less and less.
From that experience, I knew that if I had any challenge, I must work hard and get other’s help. For the next semester, I will continue improve my English in these ways.
(182 words excluding title)

0 comments: