Friday, December 21, 2007

2)Describe one goal that you set for yourself in September. What steps have you taken? Where and how have you met that goal? Where and how have you fallen short? And how will you proceed toward that goal in the second semester?

A goal?Well,if I let you make a wild guess,you will get the right answer for sure.I am really a loser when it comes to Maths and every year,I keep targeting just a 'C' grade for it.This year,it is the same but I get 'F' instead of my ideal grade.During September,I set the same old goal but this time,I targeted for a higher grade--'B'.I prepared daily study routines for myself and these are the five steps I have taken.

1)Lock myself up in the room and study for two hours,non-stopping.
2)No fooling around with the dog plushies in my room,concentrate.
3)Only allowed for toilet breaks and no taking a peek at the television show in the living room.
4)Revise some notes in the textbook and worksheets that are Maths-related.
5)No computer games.

I have failed all of the five steps I wanted myself to take.Therefore,I decided to take to easier way out.Sit in front of my Dad and revise.That did work out for an hour or so,before I gave up.Instead,I chose to clarify problems I encountered with my primary school teacher.She arranged some tuitions classes for me but it was a bit uncomfortable.Why?I was the only Secondary One student amongst all the primary five kids.Other than that,everything was fine.My teacher explained to me that I did not understand the concepts and the solutions to Maths,that is why I did so badly for my exams.Although I did not really good for this year's year end Maths paper,I told myself to work towards that goal again next year by studying harder.

~287 words~(excluding title)

0 comments: